- Integrated Teaching and Learning Program,, Janet Yowell, Malinda Schaefer Zarske, Matt Lundberg, Penny Axelrad, TeachEngineering.org
- Engineering, Ecology, Forestry and Agriculture
- Middle School, High School
- Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9
- Activity/Lab, Lesson Plan
- Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
- During a scavenger hunt and an art project, students learn how to use a handheld GPS receiver for personal navigation. Teachers can request assistance from the Institute of Navigation to find nearby members with experience in using GPS and in locating receivers to use.
- Custom License
We encourage wide-spread use of TeachEngineering content by "Academic Users" (individual educators and K-12 organizations, including government agencies using the TeachEngineering digital library on a nonprofit, non-commercial, internal basis solely for use by their own employees, for such employees' training, research, curriculum development and teaching purposes). Such Academic Users may use the TeachEngineering digital library on an internal basis without any fee or cost, to access, link to and use, or in any manner alter, modify, revise, copy, edit, translate or digitize TeachEngineering digital library collection content. TeachEngineering may not be used for any direct or indirect commercial purpose or advantage, or for any distribution outside the Academic User's organization.
- Copyright Holder:
- Regents of the University of Colorado
- Use Guideline
- Conditions of Use: Read the Fine Print
Conditions of Use:
GPS on the Move